14Across is a website for crossword enthusiasts. It allows you to solve crosswords online, construct new crosswords and share with friends.
Some of the features:
- Everyone can construct a crossword. You can upload a file or use the online tool. Simply fill the squares and clues, the builder will identify black squares and will automatically associate clues with numbers.
- Users can help each other. Each crossword has a bulletin board where you can ask questions. Each clue comes with a hint or complete solution, either based on the constructor's input or users who previously solved the crossword.
- Constructors can ask for payment. Payments will accumulate as points, which can be converted to cash. Fees are deducted when money is withdrawn.
- It's all a game. Users earn points and ranks for their site activity. Points can be used to pay for crosswords.
- It's a social experience. You can follow your favorite users, see who constructed a new crossword and which crossword did they solve.